Ocean Addicts Power of the Paddle - RACING
Open women, Open men, Over 40 men Surfing, Over 50 men, Over 40 women Surfing, Over 50 women
The Ocean Addicts Power of the Paddle is back bigger and better in 2012! This challenging BOP-style race will once again be held in conjunction with the Golden Days Music Festival at Coolum, on the picturesque Sunshine Coast. There will also be an SUP Surfing competition on Sunday, so get in early to book accommodation.
Competitors who enter both components of the event (racing and surfing) will receive a $25 dollar discount after the conclusion of competition. Please enter both components via the Surfing Queensland website at $50 each. Surfing Queensland will then refund the $25 to each competitor.
Ocean Addicts Power of the Paddle – Saturday November 17
- Board Specifications: Maximum length for all racing divisions = 12’6.
- “Over Age” Divisions – Competitors must be of age as of the 1st January in the year of competition i.e. Competitors in the O/40 Men Division must be 40-years-old as of the 1/1/12.
- Leg Ropes required for all racers
- Single Division Entry Only
For competition start times/location, competitors and spectators can call the Surfing Queensland Event Hotline, Saturday November 17 on Ph# (07) 3030 6388
Marshalling - 7:30am
Races - 8:00am
Open Men & Open Women Survivor SUP Format (example):
Beach Start – 2 laps per heat
Open Men Heat 1 – All competitors start race (2 laps per heat) with bottom third of field eliminated.
Open Men Heat 2– Starts 10 minutes after the last paddler from Heat 1 crosses the line with half of field eliminated.
Open Men B Grade Final (all eliminated competitors) – Starts 10 minutes after the last competitor finishes heat two.
Open Men Final – Starts immediately following the conclusion of the Open Men B Grade Final.
- Heat 1: $200
- Heat 2: $300
- Final (non eliminated competitors): $400
- *Bonus $100 for winning all three races
Cash Can!!! - $$$ TBA
O/40 Men – O/40 Women – O/50 Men – O/50 Women Format:
All O/40 Men – O/40 Women – O/50 Men – O/50 Women will complete a straight 3-lap race together (no heats).
Event organisers will reward the top three competitors of this division with automatic entry into Heat 2 of the Open Men’s 12’6 racing division (free of charge). This is to reward those competitors who prioritise competing in their own age division.
- $200 per division (*division must have a minimum of 10 entrants for prize money to be awarded. Otherwise, trophy only).
O/40 & O/50 Cash Can = Five cartons of XXX Summer Bright Lager!
- Open Women
- O/40 Men – O/40 Women – O/50 Men – O/50 Women
- Open Men
Power of the Paddle Surf Comp – Sunday November 18
- Open Surf Contest (Mixed Gender)
- Over 10’ Surfboard Class Open Men
- Over 10’ Surfboard Class Open Women
Single Division Entry Only
Protest fee - $50